I am currently a PhD student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I work in Prof. Tandy Warnow's group, where I study computational phylogenetics; that is, the construction of evolutionary trees from genetic sequences.
I graduated from MIT in 2014 with a bachelor's degree in physics.
I live in Urbana, Illinois. In the past, I have lived in Shaker Heights, Ohio; Princeton, New Jersey; and Cambridge, Massachusetts.
You can find the latest copy of my resume here.
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. P. Vachaspati and T. Warnow "SVDquest: Improving SVDquartets species tree estimation using exact optimization within a constrained search space". Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution. (PDF)
9. P. Vachaspati, and T. Warnow. "Enhancing Searches for Optimal Trees Using SIESTA". RECOMB International Workshop on Comparative Genomics, 2017. (HTML)
8. S. Christensen, E. Molloy, P. Vachaspati, and T. Warnow. "Optimal Completion of Incomplete Gene Trees in Polynomial Time". 17th International Workshop on Algorithms for Bioinformatics (WABI) 2017. (PDF)
7. B.M. Boyd, J.M. Allen, N.P. Nguyen, P. Vachaspati, Z.S. Quicksall, T. Warnow, L. Mugisha, K.P. Johnson, and D.L. Reed. "Primates, Lice, and Bacteria: Speciation and Genome Evoluition in the Symbionts of Hominid Lice". Molecular Biology and Evolution, 2017. (HTML) (PDF)
6. J.M. Allen, B. Boyd, N.P. Nguyen, P. Vachaspati, T. Warnow,, D.I. Huang, P.G. Grady, K.C. Bell, Q.C. Cronk, L. Mugisha and B.R. Pittendrigh. "Phylogenomics from Whole Genome Sequences Using aTRAM". Systematic biology, 2017.
4. P. Vachaspati and T. Warnow. "ASTRID: Accurate Species TRees from Internode Distances", RECOMB-Comparative Genomics and BMC Genomics, 2015. (PDF)
3. R. Davidson, P. Vachaspati, S. Mirarab, and T. Warnow. "Phylogenomic species tree estimation in the presence of incomplete lineage sorting and horizontal gene transfer", RECOMB-Comparative Genomics, and BMC Genomics, 2015. (PDF)
2. P. Vachaspati and W. Detmold. "Fast Evaluation of Multi-Hadron Correlation Functions", PoS (LATTICE2014) 041 (PDF)
1. S. Li, P. Vachaspati, D. Sheng, N. Dural, and M. V. Romalis. "Optical rotation in excess of 100 rad generated by Rb vapor in a multipass cell", Phys. Rev. A 84, 061403(R) (PDF)